In our time, the possession of a private vehicle is costly, especially if it does not participate in any business processes. The main item of expenditure is not even wear and replacement of various parts, but high prices for fuel. The situation is complicated by the fact that not all engines consume fuel sparingly. Therefore, car owners have to look for some method to save their money. One of them is using special fuel additives.
Generally speaking, fuel additives have both advantages and disadvantages. The effectiveness of additives is caused mainly by the active substances that they contain. Most additives perform not one, but several functions; but their main function is to increase octane number of gasoline and cetane number of diesel fuel. Active constituents of these products include:
- Tetraethyl lead. This substance reduces smokiness, lowers engine noise and improves the performance. The main disadvantage is the presence of organic lead compounds that have a negative impact on the human body;
- Alcohols increase gasoline octane number and improve its combustibility. If you use alcohol in order to economize fuel, you should not forget that it has a negative effect on gaskets and other rubber (plastic) parts;
- Naphthalene improves the quality of gasoline, but it contributes to the formation of soot on the walls of the crankcase;
- Adding acetone can significantly reduce fuel consumption, but an overdose gives the opposite effect;
- Manganese additives have positive characteristics, but at the same time they also increase smoke emission, which reduces the service life of spark plugs;
- Combustion products of ferric iron additives form sediment inside of an engine, which is very dangerous for all moving mechanisms.
Virtually any of these substances and can be added to diesel fuel. But in this case all side effects of additives are stronger. Therefore, comprehensive means designed to reduce fuel consumption, may contain other components in order to mitigate their harmful effects.
Selection of additives is best done on the basis of practical experience of fellow car owners who you can trust. When using personal light vehicles, mixing of additives does not cause much difficulty. But what about large transport organizations, with a large turnover of fuel for refilling? Manual mixing is not an option, since it requires too much time. Furthermore, it cannot provide proper fuel homogenization after adding additives.
In this case, it is recommended to use special equipment for mixing, such as the USB-type plant by GlobeCore.
The USB-type plant for mixing and dissolution of any liquid in-line is intended for mixing of two to five individual components, in particular, low-octane gasoline with additives and other components. When using conventional methods of blending known today, mixed fuel tends to separate.
An important feature of the system is that the use of injection method and hydrodynamic shock can increase the octane (cetane) number of fuel, and the breakdown of the resulting product does not occur for at least 180 days.